A Musical Fulcrum

I might be sentenced to a lifetime of gathering dust,
This ancient headache might stick to my head like ancient rust,
I may never act again, but I know that the show must

Go on

The unsteady and unwell musical fulcrum tilted,
The titling tatter of totalitarian senses jilted,
Miserly over me their residual river silted

Then went on

Darkness punch-holed it’s way through the light,
Powdering the visible over the pondering bright,
Yet I let my day dream continue despite

The dream was gone

In an unsteady dilemma in the malodorous telephone booth,
Or maybe over the melodramatic fountain of almost eternal youth,
I bechanced upon the almost bearable truth

That I didn‘t live anymore.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.

5 comments:

MISSquoted** said...

'In an unsteady dilemma in the malodorous telephone booth,
Or maybe over the melodramatic fountain of almost eternal youth,
I bechanced upon the almost bearable truth

That I didn‘t live anymore.'

pretty intense ;-)
i see you have blogrolled moi...how very kind...i was actually thinking of doing the same[believe it or not BEFORE i caught myself on your blogroll]

surajsharma said...

Thanks for reading the poem.
I Appreciate the comment. =)

MISSquoted** said...

most welcome monsieur unloved frog.

i have been reading a lot of poetry lately.
wilde[yes he writes lovely, succint poems] is good, altho i might be a trifle biased. i love the man you see.
sylvia plath is interesting. i dont particularly like her, but you might think otherwise.
tagore and neruda...just a nobel laureates phase...heh...i feel the beauty of their works is lost in the translations.
do let me know if you want me to forward you the links.

surajsharma said...

Oh well I've read Naruda, and of course, Tagore, some of his works have left deep impressions on me and made me more patriotic than I'd otherwise be. Could never relate to Neruda, though, and I'd probly blame the sucky translations as well.

Plath, is just too dark for my taste now, but there was a time not long ago that her poems shaped the way I wrote in free verse.

Check out some of Poe's work, if you have the time, also William Blake was pretty nice, do send the links however, I might find something interesting. Oh and you should totally give me your email id, if you'd like to share some music and stuff.

MISSquoted** said...

1g172000@gmail.com
do get in touch.
and the email id HAS a story...just not one i like recounting ;-)

Post a Comment